Friday, July 27, 2007

First Impressions...

Finally I am posting something from a little Internet-café just a few doors besides our first hotel. I hope I get used to this keyboard before going crazy. Since I don't want to go over my time limit I will just tell you that we arrived safe and sound in Paris last Wednesday morning. I still can't believe that immigration didn't care to even check our passports, just stamp them and in we go; very much different than in other places... like the US.

We are having a wonderful time, already having done all the touristy things and taken tons of pictures, but mostly just trying to get all the new sensations in. I can nozw say that I love Paris... I think it is in a way closer to the city that I grew up than any North American city I've known. Among the milllion things I want to share here I'll chose two: 1. How incredible the Musée d'Orsay is, with all its beautiful paintings and sculptures and the old train station that became a wonderful museum. I will eventually dedicate a post to this jewell, probably overshadowed by the Louvre, just on the other side of the river Seine. And 2. How little the world is... walking in Champs Elysées today I came across two people I knew in Guatemala... that I haven't seen or heard of in seven years. Toni and Cari Peyré are part of the board of directors of the school I used to work for between 98 and 2000. And they were just sitting there, taking a coffee when I come to them and say hi. They were excited to see me here of all places. And no, I didn't take a picture of them, which just goes to see how amateur I am in all this blogging thing, as CMS is continually reminding me.

Tomorrow he head to Grenoble, hope to be able to talk to you fro, there! Wishing you the best from Paris.

1 comment:

ale said...

Loved the post about Paris. It´s crazy how we come across other chapines.

I know you are enjoying your trip. I loved d´Orsay, too. It is indeed a jewel.